Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Summer Shoes

I love summer. It is my #1 favorite season. Unfortunately in NY summer is way too short, which means that I look forward to it for 9 months out of the year. Ok, I'm exaggerating, I can handle the end of spring and the beginning of fall. So 7 months.

I love summer clothes. I love tank tops, t-shirts, short jeans, dresses. Along with clothes comes shoes! I LOVE summer shoes!

Last night I had to run to the mall to pick up some stuff for work and stopped by Journey's. First of all, they have the douchiest kids working there. I asked a guy for a size and he goes, "No we don't have those shoes." So I stare at him blankly. Then he says, "Just kidding, what size do you need?" After I just told him. Sorry, you're not weird or different or unique, you're just a kid working at the mall. Anyway.

I bought these:

and these:

I'm not really a Roxy type of girl (I don't know what that means, I just don't have anything else that's Roxy) but I thought the seersucker-like material was really cute. And Vans are classic. When I was out in San Francisco last Spring I went shopping with B to all his sneaker and clothing stores and ended up buying a pair of black and white plaid KVD's (they're like the Vans slip-ons but more low-profile and girlier) at HUF. I love them because they're light and casual, so they're perfect for my job or, if I can keep them clean enough (everything I wear to work gets gross), for just hanging out.

I've been looking for new sandals and other cute summer shoes but most of the stores don't have too many out yet. I always do this, buy everything really early in the season and save it all up for when it's actually warm. Which is a long ways away considering I'm wearing knee socks and layers today.

2 comments:

  1. Flip flops are so simple and lovable. Shoebuy ends your search for those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds.!! You have awesome tastes. Well, I too love summer shoes.

    ReplyDelete