Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sundays! Jewish Deli / Shopping / Movies

This morning we woke up at the early hour of 11:30am (Oh how I lovvvve Sundays) and made tons of plans. Plans that included going to Home Depot and getting massive amount of large shelving and redesigning the entire store. Then, we stopped and thought about how much work that is, how much time it would take, how unprepared we are, etc. So we didn't. We decided (well Brian decided and then convinced me) to take it slow, plan it all out on paper with proper measurements and details, then get all the supplies and be organized about it. I don't think that way at all. I like to just jump into things and figure them out as I go along, but with a project this big I'm kind of glad I have him to keep me in check.

Instead of doing all this pro-active work stuff on our day off, we went to the Jewish deli and got a delicious lunch:

I got a hot pastrami on rye, a square knish and as much coldslaw and sour pickles as I could possibly eat. Bri got a fresh turkey sandwich and a round knish. SO good. It was exactly what I wanted.

On our way out of the deli I noticed a store right next door with a huge sign that said "Free People". I didn't even realize it was a clothing store when we passed it originally. We went in and I was really excited to see so many clothes I loved. I tried stuff on and bought some things:

L to R: a pair of grey jeans from J Brand, a Free People hoodie and an I Love NY Hello Kitty tank top.

The hoodie and tank were on sale and the jeans were cheaper than anywhere else I've seen them. I've actually been on a search for the perfect pair of grey jeans and these are them! I just need to get them tailored (the joy of being 5'1").

Now I'm back at the apartment updating my iPod while B and Sean are watching TV. We're going to see I Love You, Man later. We were going to go last night but last minute I changed my mind. I used to have a pretty bad anxiety problem but I'm almost completely over it now. The only places I still get a little anxious are at the movies and on the subway. For some reason I had a weird feeling last night that I would get anxious so I bailed before I had the chance. I expected them to go still but they decided to stay and wait for me. I heard it's really funny so I'm psyched.

No comments:

Post a Comment