Friday, March 6, 2009

Sunflower Progress 5, Winter Blues & Tanning

I accidentally deleted 2 days worth of sunflower progress photos. Oops. Here are my photos for today:


The high output fluorescent lighting makes it hard to get a good photo that isn't too washed out. You can't really tell but they all have their first set of real leaves. Exciting. It should be warming up this weekend (it's already near 50 today) so hopefully they'll start growing a little faster.


I honestly can't wait for the Spring. I'm not made for the winter! I'm little and always cold. Usually I get the whole seasonal depression thing, or at least a touch of it. After I came back from the Bahamas in January I realized how much the sun had helped me and my mental health. I started going to the tanning place once or twice a week and it has really helped keep my winter blues at bay. Also it's really helped my skin a lot. In the winter I tend to break out because of my complete combination skin. Either my skin is trying to overcompensate for its dryness by producing excess oil or my pores are getting clogged because I'm using too much moisturizer. The "sun" fixes that problem immediately. I know it's fake, I've always made fun of girls who go to tanning salons. You can spot that orange glow a mile away. If you do it right, though, it looks completely normal and natural. I use the best booth with the least amount of UVA and UVB rays and I'm pretty much my normal color just a little more brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment