Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Catch-up / Dinner / NCAA / Hair

I can't believe it's Saturday already! So far this week has been nothing but me playing catch up. I relish Sunday as my one day a week off, but last Sunday was awful! I woke up with a stomach thing and spent the entire day on the couch watching college basketball. Pros: It only lasted a day and I got every single Saturday and Sunday game on my bracket right. Cons: Vom'ing, liquid diet, all that good stuff and I didn't get a chance to do any chores.

I felt sick still Monday and Tuesday so I took it easy, came home straight from work, cleaned the house, etc. Same for Wednesday, then Thursday we met up with Sean at the mall for dinner (plus B and I had to go to Bed Bath and Beyond for some house stuff) at the Cheesecake Factory. SO good. I didn't eat lunch so I got a bunch of small plates (shrimp scampi crostini, stuffed mushrooms, fried zucchini and fried artichoke hearts with a lemon aioli) and completely gorged myself. We met up with Brendan, Christine and a bunch of other people at Buffalo Wildwings to watch the college basketball games (I ended up being tied for first at the end of the night) and then had them over our house to watch the end of the late game.

Yesterday was a good day, too. I re-potted my sunflowers in 3 gallon containers, put the flowering light over them and re-set the timer for shorter days, so hopefully they'll start coming out soon. After work I had a hair appointment, which was my first hair appointment since October. I NEVER go that long between dyes/cuts but with work and the business I seriously haven't had time. Also I was really unhappy with my last colorist (she does my mom's hair and does an awesome job but for some reason she was never thorough with mine). The first (and last) two times she did my hair she didn't cover my highlights enough and I had a band where my roots met my old highlights...not very noticeable but if I'm paying for my hair to be done I want it to look good. So I made an appointment at this salon I used to go to when I was in high school and asked for the best colorist they have, which was the owner. She did an awesome job! She did exactly what I wanted and even noticed that the color didn't cover the highlights 100% and offered to have me come back in for free to re-apply. I have to wash it and see what it looks like because right now I honestly can't even tell. She was just very thorough and professional, plus it was cheaper than any place I've ever gone. For a semi-reparative dye and cut it was $110. When I lived in Brooklyn I was paying close to $300 for my highlights and cut. Crazy!

I got sushi after the salon (no meat Fridays is getting hard, I almost got a hero from the Italian deli for lunch by accident) and came home. Sean and Brendan were over and we hung out, watched basketball and ate dinner, then went to a birthday party at a local bar/restaurant. A lot of our friends were there and it was a fun night. We watched the NCAA games and I went down to 2nd place in our bracket challenge.

That is my week in review. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment