Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lent, Easter, Chocolate

Religion is always a touchy subject for people. I don't like to talk about it much because everyone has different views. My dad is an Atheist (Jewish by blood but it ends there), my mom is Roman Catholic and raised me as such. She's very "whatever" about it, though. When I was younger she enrolled me in religion class, made me complete my sacraments and after confirmation let me do what I wanted. My middle name is Sunshine, not even a saint's name, much to my Grandma's dismay. Growing up she used to lie to me and say my middle name was Catherine, but that was just my baptismal name. I try to go to church at least once a year but that usually doesn't happen. I do celebrate the holidays in my own way, though. This year for Lent I gave up chocolate. Which is very sad. Not only do I love chocolate all year long, Easter candy is my absolute favorite. I look forward to it for an entire year. This is seriously one of the biggest sacrifices I've made in awhile. To combat it, I've decided to not stop buying it. Every time I see a Cadbury Creme Egg or Cadbury Mini Eggs and I get the urge to buy them, I will. I'll save them up until Easter comes and then I will devour them.

No comments:

Post a Comment