Sunday, March 8, 2009

Grandparents, macarons and chinchillas

Today I slept in, accidentally (thanks Daylight Savings). I wanted to go see my grandparents and Brian had to go to Brooklyn to see his family so we went our separate ways. I went to my favorite local French bakery and got coffee and macarons. I love their pistachio but they only had lemon and raspberry so I got a box for me and one for my grandma. I went to see her at the nursing home she stays at. She was sad because my mom's been gone for so long but luckily my mom called while I was there so they got to talk for a little while. I stayed for about an hour, then went to my grandpa's house to drop off her laundry. My grandpa does her laundry and sends it back with either me, my uncle or one of the guys that works for him. I hung out with my grandpa for 3+ hours, just talking and cooking. He was making food for himself (calamari and shrimp in fra diavolo sauce) and ended up giving it to me to bring home to Bri. He loves Brian. They've got this big-guy bond. It makes me really happy that he has my grandpa's seal of approval. Today was honestly one of the best days off I've had in awhile. I got to see my family and eat good food. OH! I also stopped by a pet store on the way up to my grandma's to look around and see if they had any cute bunnies. Last night I decided I wanted to get a new bunny. I had one for 5 years but he passed away in 2003.


I was really sad for awhile but I think I'm ready for a new one. My old bunny had floppy ears and I wanted my new one to have them, too. I even picked out a name: Flops. I didn't see any cute bunnies today, however I completely fell in love with a chinchilla! Before I had a bunny I had a chinchilla. His name was Charlie and he was awesome. I've always wanted another one! I impulsively put a deposit down on a beige male chinchilla and tomorrow after work Brian's going to come with me to the store and meet him and hopefully take him home. I was nervous Brian would want to kill me, he's told me many times that he doesn't want a small pet, only a dog (which we can't have right now). He's kind of into the idea, though. I caught him looking at chinchilla cage reviews online. I'm really excited! My landlord doesn't allow pets but hopefully he won't mind/know.

No comments:

Post a Comment