Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunday City Shopping

Today is our best friend Sean's birthday so yesterday Bri and I went into the city in search of birthday presents. We started out in Soho and were very successful with gifts. He may or may not read my blog so I'm not saying what they are. We also ended up doing some shopping for ourselves. I got two new nailpolishes at MAC (Shirelle and Dark Angel) and since I never got my Hello Kitty tote bag with my original Hello Kitty purchases he gave me one with my normal purchases. I got an awesome mug in the MoMa store! The handle makes it look like you're wearing a diamond ring:


I didn't realize that the Tokidoki Capsule Store is right next to Union on Spring St.. We were in Union for Bri and Sean and I just happened to notice a couple people inside the Tokidoki store. I walked in and talked to the people working there and it's open! They did a soft opening and the official grand opening will be on Saturday the 7th with Simone Legno doing signings. They have a bunch of bags, toys and practically the entire Hello Kitty x Tokidoki collection. I saved all my big purchases for the grand opening.

Then I went to Kee's Chocolates on Thompson for macarons! I'm absolutely obsessed with French macarons and can never find any really good traditional ones. The best I've ever had so far are from Miette in San Francisco. I can't wait for July, I'm trying to plan another trip out to SF for a trade show for work and I will undoubtebly stock up on delicious Miette baked goodness. Anyway, so Kee's. Apparently I hadn't done my research on these. Their signature filling is a dark chocolate ganache base. I am a good catholic girl and gave up chocolate for Lent. So. No macarons for me. It was a very hard sacrifice to make, they were right in front of me in all of their sugary glory. The flavors that stood out the most to me were the Rasberry and Black Sesame. Oh well, after Easter I'm going to completely gorge myself.

We headed back over to the East Side to stop by some more shops for the guys and Urban Outfitters for me. I like the one on 2nd Ave. much more than the one on Broadway. It's not as busy and messy as the other. I fell in love with two pairs of sandals:


I couldn't buy them, though. I'm a true 6.5US. The don't come in 1/2 sizes and the 6's were too small and the 7's were too big. So now I'm on a quest for the perfect sandals. The fact that we're in the middle of a snowstorm sort of put a damper on that but I will get re-motivated and I will find them. I also picked up a few of the Hello Kitty blind box toys, a scarf, a set of bracelets and a shirt. Here are all my purchases:

When I opened my blind boxes at home I ended up getting good ones! For my Moofia's I got:


I already have the baby bottle at home so I brought it for my desk at work. For my HK's I got:

Brooklyn (top right), Clouds & Rainbows (middle row, last) and the black one with polkadots (bottom left). I didn't have Brooklyn yet, the clouds and rainbows was a double so I brought that to work, too, and the polkadot one is actually the 3rd of that design I have! I think I'm going to give it to Kiera. Speaking of Kiera and HK, last night she told me that a new Sanrio store opened up right here. I'm so ridiculously excited because the one I used to go to in NJ closed a few months back. Hello Kitty and Sanrio are one of my (many) guilty pleasures. I've been obsessed with Hello Kitty for as long as I can remember. At least since I was about 10. Anyway, I'm definitely going to check it out tonight if I have time before dinner.

Tonight we're going out to a fancy dinner with some of our friends to celebrate Sean's birthday. I'm actually really excited, I've been completely craving a really nice dinner lately but we've been working really hard and haven't had the time. I love getting dressed up with my friends and doing adult things.

No comments:

Post a Comment