Monday, March 16, 2009

Entroducing...

SAMMY! This is Sammy, my new 10 week old chinchilla (he's sleeping in this photo). I got him last week and he's so awesome. We got him this crazy cage with four levels and slides and tunnels and a hammock. He loves it, however upon doing further research we found out that plastic can be toxic to chinchillas if chewed. And they chew on everything. So B went crazy and ordered all these wooden shelves and chinchilla-safe toys (a flying saucer that they run on...insane) so we're going to replace everything once that comes in the mail. He hasn't figured out he can chew on it yet so I think we're safe for a few more days. What I love about him is that he sleeps during the day and gets crazy at night, so we come home from work right as he's waking up. The past few nights when we've been playing with him he's tried getting out of the cage. I need to get one of those pen things that I can set up in the living room so he can run around and chill with us but not get lost under the couch or anything. I'm so glad B likes him, I was afraid he'd immediately veto the idea but he's into it.

PS: The title of this post is a DJ Shadow reference, I totally know how to spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment