Friday, April 3, 2009

Work week, lobster dinner

This past week has been pretty much all work and no play. Last night was the first night that we did something after work besides going home and passing out (Wednesday we both fell asleep on the couch at 7pm). Sean's parents invited us over for dinner, which is one of my favorite things ever. They make the best homecooked meals. It totally makes me miss my mom but it's really nice because it reminds me of her, too. Last night they made London Broil, grilled onions and mushrooms, baked potatoes and salad. It's crazy how something so basic can be so delicious and comforting. Afterwards Sean came back to our house and we just hung out and watched TV.

This morning has been such a "blah" morning so far. It's raining, my hair hates it, work has been slow, I had to park in the lot. Tonight at least should be fun. It's the last night of Restaurant Week so a bunch of us are going out for a big seafood dinner (still no-meat Fridays). Restaurant Week is where a lot of local restaurants that are usually kind of pricey make up three course prix fixe menus for an affordable price. Their lunch menus are all $20.09 and the dinners are $28.09. The place we're going is across the river (I love going to new restaurants in towns I've never been to) and I already know what I'm getting. Lobster bisque for an appetizer, broiled lobster tail for an entree and cheesecake for dessert. At least that's what I'm planning for. That might all change once I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment