Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Parents and Boats

I received the newest email in my parents' series of cruising updates. I love reading about everything they've been doing and their feelings on the trip. Even though I talk to them fairly regularly, it's nice to see it all in writing - I get to see a side of them that I don't normally see. As of last week they've been in Miami. Even though they're all the way down there, it's great to have them back in the states. It feels so much closer just being in the same country. We've been talking and they've decided to leave the boat in Florida for the summer, which I understand (NY-FL is such a long and expensive trip to take, with not too much to see) but of course it made me sad. To me, summer=being on the boat. I love it. Well, my dad is apparently "in the same boat" (hah?) as me and decided to get a smaller boat to keep up in NY. He called me last Sunday asking how the business is doing in his absence. After much assuring he asked, "So I can get my fishing boat then?" I said yes, then Monday I got the call that he put in an offer on one. He's insane. We got bank approval yesterday so it's official. The boat a 31' Intrepid 310 Walk Around. We've never had a power boat like this before, only sailboats until he got the Nordhavn, so this is new and exciting. He said he wants to teach me and B all we need to know and then when he's away it will be ours. What. We will have our own boat. Insane. I feel ok about it, though, because we've been working our asses off! We've definitely earned it. Here are some photos from the brokerage site:

No comments:

Post a Comment