Saturday, April 11, 2009

To-Do List

I was reading your wishcake (who, by the way, I'm convinced is my west coast doppleganger) and this post totally motivated me to make a to-do list and stick to it! I'm not doing the whole "101 things in 1001 days" part, but I do want to make a list of things I want to do and cross them off as I go. I guess I'll give myself until the end of 2009 to do all of these things, although some of them are definitely immediate future.

1. Redesign the store.

2. Finish scrapbook for Brian's parents' wedding.

3. Rake my parents' backyard and weed the planters. (This ended up not being necessary).

4. Plant veggies and flowers in said planters. (See above.)

5. Find nice prints and have them framed.

6. Re-pot my cactus.

7. Find someone to design our website and put the web store up.

8. Find an artist to make digital images for the warehouse windows.

9. Buy pretty flower pots and plant my bulbs.

10. Start all of my veggie seeds.

11. Get rid of goodwill box in kitchen. (and yet there is already another)

12. Find out fees for farmers markets and try and sell seedlings. (I changed my mind).

13. Buy a new car.

14. Clean the office.

15. Hang up prints I have in the office.

16. File all of my parents' bills/statements.

17. Clean my parents' house so it's nice for them when they get back.

18. Go to New Paltz and explore with Brian.

19. Visit the Science Barge in Yonkers.

20. Go to John's Pizza with my parents at least twice. (I brought them John's when my dad was sick, does that count?)

21. Buy a cute summer dress. And wear it.

22. Go to the new Yankee Stadium. (So many times, plus for when they won the World Series!!!)

23. Go to the city for dinner to a place I've never been before on a weeknight.

24. Finish knitting Brian's scarf that I started 2 years ago.

25. Finish hemming curtains.

26. Buy curtains for the kitchen.

27. Choose photos for 3X frame, print them and crop them.

28. Buy good box for winter/summer clothes storage and actually use it.

29. Dine al fresco.

30. Spend an entire Sunday wandering around our town taking photos.

31. Get glasses.

32. Remember to make a "Day in the Life of..." photo post.

33. Be serious about getting my hair dyed regularly to avoid self-loathing.

34. Write more. I don't know how to hold myself to that because sometimes I'm just not feeling it, but I want to try.

35. Go to Zabar's with my parents on a Sunday morning.

36. Go fishing.

37. Wake up an hour earlier than normal for a full week.

38. Get to a point where both Brian and I have only one basket full of dirty laundry at a time.

39. Go see a live music performance by someone I've never seen before.

40. Go back to California.

41. Go for a mani/pedi.

42. BBQ more.

43. Have a backyard party on a Sunday.

44. Find a new secluded beach to go to, and go.

45. Have a picnic. (Worst idea ever, by the way)

46. Take care of our banana tree.

47. Get a hose for our new spigot at work.

48. Read the books I've been collecting over the past year.

49. Get a new phone. iPhone, bitches!

50. Get my legs professionally waxed.

51. Cook at least one full meal for Brian and I.

52. Go to Mitsuwa.

53. Change the fluorescent bulbs in the warehouse.

54. Take my mom's car out of storage and drive it. (She did this herself).

55. Buy a new winter jacket. Leatha (says Stella from Project Runway) Michael Kors @ Woodbury!

56. Make a new window display for the store.

57. Take more pictures this summer.

58. Find a shelf/cubby-hole for the bathroom, and if I can't find one, make one.

59. Spend more time in the backyard this summer.

60. MAYBE get a new friend for Sammy. (I got two!)

61. Make cucumber lime water in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment