Saturday, May 2, 2009

Work, Monster Coffee & Atlantic City

So here I am on day 13 in a row of work. I didn't really think it would affect me so much but, let me tell you, I'm f'ing exhausted. Seriously, I've been falling asleep on the couch like every night this week. Sean came over on Thursday and both me and Bri fell asleep! Such boring friends. The store looks good, though, and it was completely worth it. I just won't be doing it again any time soon.

Besides being completely tired physically, work has been so emotionally draining. It picked back up at the beginning of the week, then slowed down in the middle, now it's sort of in between slow and busy. It's so unpredictable! Then, yesterday, one of the worst days ever. One of our competitors stole an entire shipment of ours, that I need for a really big special order today. I called the guy and tried to be a human, I told him I need the products and I'm sending someone up there to pick them up. He told me rented a van and drove them to Pennsylvania (BS), lied to me, then told me that he's busy and doesn't have time for this. I've never met a worse person in all of my life. All the people involved, my distributor, the manufacturers, the trucking company...they're all fuming mad at this guy. Hopefully it will negatively affect their business relationship. My distributor already told him that she won't ship to their NY location anymore (they have multiple stores). I asked my dad's advice and he said I should call our lawyer and see if there are any actual legal ramifications. The only thing that could make this sort of better is if the guys don't show up today to pick up.

Besides that, work has been good. It's been slow this morning. Brian went to the best bagel place in the world to get me a plain bagel with olive cream cheese and a monster iced coffee. It comes in a quart take-out container. This is me last Sunday, completely messy and exhausted before work with my biggest coffee ever:

Only 3 and half more hours then we're leaving for AC! I'm so ridiculously excited! I can't wait to see No Doubt, go shopping, eat at an awesome restaurant (we're thinking Bobby Flay's) and go out to a club. Christine texted me yesterday to tell me the club dress code is pretty strict. B is a t-shirt, hoodies, jeans, hat type of guy, so we had to go to the mall and cop him some club clothes. He was gonna try to get away with dark jeans and Timbs but Brendan tried doing that last time and it didn't work. So we made a long stop at the Polo Ralph Lauren section (like he needs more polos...all of his are in the laundry, though), I watched him try on (and vetoed) ugly Wallabees (they're not all ugly, just the ones he wanted) and got some cheap Old Navy "pants" (and I made him get some cute bathing suits, too). It's actually crazy that Brian doesn't own any "pants," except for the ones that are part of his suit. Yes, singular suit. Oh and the shoes he's wearing are his "funeral shoes". He has one pair of non-sneakers/non-Timbs, and he wears them to funerals, weddings (except for when he wears his Supreme Nike Blazers, like he did to Eleni's wedding) and Sweet 16's (yes, we still go to Sweet 16's...he has like 34923048 cousins). Everything is good, though and we're all ready to leave. Just a couple more hours of work and we're gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment