Saturday, May 30, 2009

Plans and Preparations

Since my mom isn't back in NY yet, I've had to stand in for her as far as organizing and planning go. Last night after work I met my aunt at the nursing home and we cleaned out my grandma's room. I'm actually glad that we're the ones who did it because my mom would've had a really hard time with it. We left most of her things in bags so my mom can go through them when she gets home, that way she doesn't feel left out. It took us almost four hours but we got it done and I know we did it right. We donated a lot of the clothes and nightgowns to the nursing home for other patients and kept all the important and sentimental stuff. I had a few "moments" but overall I've been mature about it. Sean said I'm handling it VERY well which was nice to hear, he's seen me all emotional before so he knows what I can get like. After that my aunt and I drove over to my grandpa's to drop everything off and also I wanted to see how he was doing. JR came over and brought us all pizza which was really nice. We had realized after we finished cleaning that it was 10pm and neither of us had eaten all day. I left there around 11:30pm and went home. I called my mom and booked her flights to come home, I'm picking her up at the airport at 5pm today. I have tickets to see Mos Def and Talib Kweli tonight but I don't know what to do about that. I've been looking forward to it for awhile but it starts at 8pm and it's in Times Square. I'll probably be back from the airport at around 6pm but I want to be there for my mom if she needs me. I'm still undecided (I know I have to decide quick if I want to give any of my friends the tickets) and that's sort of stressing me out. I don't know what to do.

These kinds of days are hard, they take a lot out of you but I can sleep well at night knowing that I'm doing my best for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment