Thursday, May 21, 2009

My weekend (and week), new car, gardening

This week has been so awesome! My parents came back late Sunday night and we hung out every day they were here. They came by the shop to check out what we've been up to, my dad had nothing but good things to say about everything! So relieving. I don't think working together will be easy in the future but we'll see how things go.

The first day they were here they hung out at the shop the whole day then we went out to eat at this place that describes themselves as "Where Maine meets Memphis". It was seafood and bbq, strange combo but the food was delicious. My dad came over our apartment and watched some baseball and bs'd for awhile.

The next night we had my mom over so she could watch the finale of American Idol (don't judge, their tv was out) and got pizza. My dad got hungry so he came over later.

Then yesterday I went with my mom in the morning to do bank stuff, hung out at the store, then after work my dad and I drove to White Plains so I could look at a car and he could sign my old car over for a trade-in. I've been wanting to buy a new car for awhile now but I've been putting it off so I could save more money. Lately, though, my car has been getting to me. Little things keep going wrong, it has started making all these weird noises that nobody can figure out and it's just time to get a new one. We worked out a very decent price on a lease and if all goes well with financing (it's SO damn hard to get a loan right now) I will have it within a week! I'm very excited but I don't want to say anything yet because it hasn't been finalized. We went back over to their house after for some sushi and hung around talking for hours. It was great. We went home, Brendan came over for awhile and after he left I passed out on the couch.

Today they left to go back down to Florida. My dad has to meet with an old friend and get the boat to take back up to NY. If this week is any sign of what the summer will be like, I seriously can't wait. Now tonight Brian's parents are coming up to get dinner and hang out. I'm really excited because we haven't seen them since Mother's Day.

Sean comes home from Jamaica tomorrow, then it's Memorial Day weekend! I'm gonna keep the place open on Saturday (we close at 3pm so it doesn't infringe too much) and then close Monday (what's up 2-day weekend??) which will be a very welcome day off. I don't have any plans yet, except we're going to Brooklyn for a BBQ on Sunday. Brian's aunt invited Sean, too, so it should be a good time (I don't know if he can come yet). If I get a chance I really want to do some gardening on Saturday. I started all those seeds at the end of April and they're SO ready to be put outside:



I can't believe my zucchini already has flowers and baby zucchini's!

No comments:

Post a Comment