Saturday, May 16, 2009

B's birthday, Mother's Day and my parents.

Last Saturday after work Brian and I celebrated his birthday (his 26th birthday, such an old man!). I was trying to come up with a good place to go all week and I totally couldn't come up with anything. We always go into the city and do something we don't usually do but I wanted to change it up a little. We had wanted to try this restaurant Houston's for awhile, it's in Riverside Square in NJ. He also wanted a bag/briefcase for work (or a man-purse, as I call it, which he loves), so I figured there were enough stores there where I could find one for his bratty ass. I say that because he didn't want just ANY man-purse, it had to be a fancy, ridiculously overpriced man-purse. Anyway. Fast forward to no stores having anything he liked, but me buying myself a new bag instead (happy birthday). Also fast forward to the wait at Houston's being an hour and 45 minutes. What. As disappointed as we were, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We wandered around and decided to go to Morton's, which we didn't even know was there. The food was insanely good. First they bring out this delicious monster onion bread. For appetizers I got lobster bisque, B got onion soup, both were outrageous. For our meals I got a small filet, he got a NY strip and we shared cajun spiced macaroni and cheese. Definitely on my top-5-steaks-ever list. Seriously delicious. All in all it was actually a really good day. We had a lot of fun together and were so happy all day. I gave him his gifts later that night:

Mighty Healthy Capone and Noreaga t-shirt

Undrcrwn t-shirt

Ralph Lauren Polo

Another Ralph Lauren Polo

I got him a pair of Polo camo shorts, too, but somehow we misjudged the length. They are the definition of short shorts. They're terrible, I'm returning them this week. As for his man-purse, we went shopping during the week and I got him this:

Yes, it's LV. Yes, he's a brat. He's my brat, though, and he's worked very hard this year. He deserves something nice that he wants and will use. I just hope he feels the same on my birthday (wink, wink).

His birthday also happened to fall on Mother's Day. His whole family came up here for brunch at the 76 House (also on my top-5-steaks-ever list). The meal was very good and it was great to see everyone. The whole time I was missing my mom, though. The night before I sent her a cheesy e-card that made me completely hysterical. This is my first mother's day without her! I was so sad. I got to talk to her, though, and I got to see my grandma. She was all mad at my mom for not being around but she was also happy because Brian and I went to see her, and before that my Uncle George and grandpa went to see her. I gave her a pretty orchid (fake, of course, because of her breathing she can't have real flowers but it was a really, really nice fake one) and some chocolate. She loves her chocolate, she opened them and dug in while we were there still. Afterwards we went to see my grandpa and hung out with him for a few hours. It was nice day, I just wish my mom were around for it.

I talked to her last night, actually, and they said they might drive up for a few days to avoid the bad weather in Florida and deal with some financial things. I REALLY hope they do, but I'm not getting my hopes up. They tend to cancel plans as fast as they make them. If there's one thing I've learned about my parents over the years, it's to be flexible. At least with them. We'll see, though, hopefully they stick with this one because I miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment