Monday, February 23, 2009

Saturday Shopping.

When I was younger, mostly around Back-To-School time, my mom would take me shopping. When we would get home I'd try on all my new stuff and run to show my dad. When he complimented something I picked out it made me feel good. Validated, almost. When I got older and moved out, after most shopping trips I would stop at their house and show my mom all of my new stuff. She gave me her opinion and we would talk about each item. I know it's a silly tradition but, now that they're away, one that I miss. I guess that's why I blog about what I buy when I go shopping. This is a new way for me to share it with other people and get their feedback, since my mom is unavailable. So, thanks for reading.

In my last entry I said I was going to Anthropologie to make an exchange. Here is what I bought while I was there:

Last time I was there I saw this shirt in grey, but there was only one left in my size and it had a huge stain on it. I was really happy to find it in navy this time! Also, on sale!

This was another shirt I found on sale. I love the way the front is all drapey.

My favorite purchase (and a total splurge)! This fun Ella Moss tank top is so summery! I love it! I'm totally resisting the urge to go out wearing this and short jeans and sandals in 30 degree weather.

Right near Anthropologie there is a Victoria's Secret. I hate bra shopping. Seriously, hate it. It's my least favorite thing to shop for aside from jeans. I'm 5'1" and finding a good pair of jeans that I don't have to get tailored is super hard. Anyway, earlier in the day I had received a $10 off coupon in the mail so I decided to stop in and see if there was anything new that I liked. 30 minutes and entirely way too much money later...

New black Angels bra (I have like 4 different versions of this bra but I love them all).

Same bra as above but in a greyish purple and pink color scheme. I'm boring, I know, but once I find something good I stick with it.

This bra and underwear combo. I have the same bra in nude and black (again, boring).

I also got a bunch of those 3-for and 5-for undies.

I wandered into Pottery Barn next but didn't buy anything. I had wanted to buy these glass bottles I had seen online but they were online/catalog only. Side-note: right after Christmas I bought a bunch of their Organic Cotton Turkish bath towels and it's seriously insane how soft they are. You know what they say, once you go Turkish-terry you don't go back (I don't think anyone actually says that).

Going to PB and Anthropologie got me in the "I want to decorate my apartment and make it beautiful" frame of mind. I absolutely fell in love with this duvet/bedding set from Anthropologie:


I neeeed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment