Saturday, February 7, 2009

Main Essentials

I hate working 6 days a week. Hate it. I try and maintain some semblance of a social life by going out on Friday nights, only to wake up on Saturday totally regretting it. I woke up this morning on the couch (I must have passed out last night), sort of wanting to die. Work has been decent, fairly slow (I shouldn't say this but I do welcome that on Saturdays). It gave us a chance to grab lunch at this new vegan place by our job, Main Essentials. I'm used to eating the same old food from the same old places (albeit delicious food from delicious places) so new choices are exciting. Brian called me and said he thought I would like the tofu and mixed veggies. Sure, sounds good. I was expecting plain veggies with some plain grilled tofu which, although it sounds boring, I like. He brought me back this plate of food that I swear to god could have been from a Thai restaurant. The tofu was seasoned and cooked perfectly and the veggies were a great mix. AND, it tasted as good as it looked. AND, along with a falafel pita and "fresh fries" only cost $9. New favorite place!


I searched them after I realized how much I love them to see if they got other good reviews (they did) and found this YouTube video from when they first opened:

No comments:

Post a Comment