Sunday, January 3, 2010

So, 2010, huh?

It is January 3rd so, in true Lindsey fashion, I'm already a few days late making this blog entry. There goes one resolution (to be more punctual). Brian and I spent our annual Christmas-New Years vacation in Miami Beach (recap to come soon) which was much less relaxing than our last vacation to Staniel Cay, Bahamas. The two can't even be compared, though. Staniel is a true tropical paradise while Miami is still part of the hustle-and-bustle of the States.

While in Miami we reflected on the past year and any improvements we can make in the coming year. There are plenty of things we can do differently, it's honestly just a matter of making changes within ourselves, which neither of us are very good at. Here is our list-in-progress:

1. Cook dinner more

2. Move to a new, bigger apartment

3. Start yoga in order to de-stress, learn to breathe, have more time to think and get in shape (mine)

4. Stay late at work if I have things I need to finish (mine)

5. Eat healthier

6. Eat at a new restaurant in the city at least once a week

7. Keep our apartment clean

8. Do laundry more often

9. Make more us-time and date nights

10. Go to the MoMA with Jaime and Dave for the Tim Burton exhibit

11. Have more follow-through (this was originally B's, but I could benefit from it, too)

12. Be nicer and have less of an attitude (another one of his that I could also do)

13. Do dishes more often (B's)

14. Start getting ready for bed early so we can clean up after ourselves before going to bed

15. Wake up earlier for work

16. Put shelfguards in Davis and Junior's cage (B's)

17. Take down the Christmas tree and decorations on Little Christmas instead of, like, March like last year.

This brings to mind my To-Do list from last year. I checked off all that I had accomplished, which left me feeling proficient/sad. I did way better than I thought but I did leave a lot unfinished. I'm especially sad about not doing the things I wanted to do with my parents while they were home.

While we were in Miami they left to get the boat in Stuart, FL, which didn't leave them enough time to come down and meet us. I pretty much knew that would happen, but there was still a little hope that they would make it. Now they'll be gone until July. Brian and I talked about how much I missed them last winter and we decided that if it ever becomes truly unbearable for me I can take a long weekend to go see them. It's great to know that he's reached a point where he can take of the store in my absence. Just knowing that relieves some of my stress.

So here's to 2010, the beginning of a great (stress-free) year and hopefully a great decade. It has to be better than the last, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment