Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Wire

Brian and I started watching the HBO show, The Wire, from the beginning. Apparently it first premiered in 2002 and, depending on who you ask, was one of the best TV shows of all time. I don't know how I never saw it, I was up on all of those HBO shows, The Sopranos, Sex in the City, OZ, etc. Somehow this one flew under my radar, which is actually better because now I don't have to wait every week for a new episode, I can watch is straight through whenever I want. The first time I heard of The Wire was when I was watching The Office with Brian and they had Charles come and watch over the Scranton branch. When they introduced him Brian said, "Oh shit, Stringer Bell," which made no sense to me so he had to explain about the Wire a little bit. It sounded good but I never really had the motivation to watch it. Now that we're on Season 2, I see why the whole Stringer Bell thing was funny.


In The Wire he's the brains behind every operation and a total bad-ass, it's hilarious to see him pushing pencils in a shirt and tie in the Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment