Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sweet 16

On Saturday night Bri and I went to his cousin's Sweet 16 in Staten Island. It was at this place Marina Grand by the water. It was really nice and they had good food and drinks. There were two rooms, a family room and a friends room. The friends room had the dais and the dj, the family room had, well, the family. His cousin looked so pretty! I love dressing up and don't usually have a reason to do it so I love events like this. Once or twice a year I splurge on a new fancy dress. I hardly ever wear them but they make me happy so that's all that matters, right?

I went shopping last minute (as usual) Friday night. This time I was torn between two BCBG dresses. One was grey, short with a bubble shape to it and had blue, white and purple woven criss-cross details on the bust. The second was black, with straps, a little longer, with some more criss-cross weaving on the bust. I chose the black one because I could bend over without worrying that I was giving everyone a view:


Then I remembered I needed a new sweater to go over it. I am always cold, especially in the winter. Anything under 75 degrees and I'm freezing. So, since the stores were about to close and I was in a total rush to go home, I grabbed the cutest, closest black cardigan I could find and went to the register:

I was pleasantly surprised when I found out the dress had JUST been marked down to 50% off, especially since I was fully prepared to pay full price. I love when that happens! The girl told me the sweater had just been marked down 30%, too. She told me my total. My jaw dropped. I knew how much the dress was (it came out to about $150...I know, I know, but I only do it 1-2 times a year!) and the total was twice that! Turns out the sweater retailed at like $220, but was $150ish with the discount. Insane! I was going to buy it and then decide later if I really wanted it (I totally didn't but I didn't want to look like a cheapskate) but I asked about the return policy and it was store credit only. Thank god I asked. I bought the dress then ran to Target to see if they had any reasonably priced sweaters. Smartest thing ever. I got this sweater:

$13! That's 92% less than the BCBG cardigan! To reward myself for making such a wise decision, I bought this tank top, too (in black):


$10.49! I don't know why I don't shop for clothes at Target more. SO cheap, and cute too!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, girl! Frugalista is the new fashionista! You can look like a million bucks without hurting your wallet. Makes you feel good too when you know you can look gorgeous even when you dont spend so much for it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true, getting a good deal on something makes me feel awesome!

    ReplyDelete