Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day.

I really try my hardest not to over-express or push my political views on others. We're all different and come from different perspectives, I get and respect that. Today was an important day, though, and I really feel the need to express my thoughts on it.

I'm technically a democrat. I don't agree with all democratic views but I definitely lean more towards the democratic side of things than the republican side. I voted for Obama. I will be honest, in my mind I voted for him because I felt like he was the "lesser of two evils". Not that he's evil, but he doesn't have all that much experience and his voting record doesn't necessarily coincide with views he claims to have. That being said, the views he claims to have are much closer to my own than those of McCain. I believe in change. I believe that this country needs a lot of changes to take place in order to be put back on a path back towards where we need to be, a path towards a better country. We deserve to be happy, healthy and successful and we deserve to have a fair chance at being those things. I just hope and pray that Obama really has what it takes to get us closer to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment