Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow day


Today is awful. We got a bunch of snow overnight and then sleet and rain this morning, so it's wet and icy and snowy all at once. The roads were barely plowed on the way to work. Speaking of work, I wish there were such a thing as snow days for adults. When I was living it Brooklyn my dad would give me snow days sometimes. He understood the hell that was commuting through the city under normal conditions, let alone in a snowstorm. I was watching the news this morning and got instantly jealous when I saw all the school closings. I really wanted nothing more than to stay in sweatpants, cuddle up with Icey and Brian and watch CSI marathons. But, no, I'm at work. I saw three people so far, including a truck driver bringing us a delivery, I'm thinking I may see a few more later on, but who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment