Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas everyone! This is our tree this morning post-present-opening. Yes, that is the "Sounds of the Season" channel on the tv. We were feeling festive! All of the gifts were a great success. We were able to split the day up perfectly between both of our families and it was an overall perfect day.

We went to my Grandpa's house, brought over placemats, window decorations and holiday plates. Talked to my aunt in Tucson, grabbed some presents and clean clothes for my Grandma and drove over to see her. My cousin Giac and his girlfriend (it seems so ridiculous to call her that, they're going to have been together for 25 years) Kim were already there so we sat around and talked. Gave her her gifts, she seemed to like them! My aunt sent her a really soft nightgown and I got her a ceramic candle holder with cardinals and pinecones on it. We left and headed back over to my Grandpa's. By that time my cousin and aunt showed up and everyone else was already there so we broke out the antipasto and started eating. I gave my Grandpa his sweater (he loved it, thank god) and my cousin her earrings and ring (she loved them, too...her aunt was there and said they were "So Julie") and she gave me my gift, a dark red patent leather bag and a really pretty decorative candle holder that is 100% my taste and will look perfect in my living room. We stayed and hung out for awhile then left for Brooklyn.


Saw a beautiful sunset on the way down. Brian took this out of my car window on the Henry Hudson going into Manhattan.

Got to his aunt's house just in time to start opening presents! All of our gifts were very well received, and we got great gifts in return. My favorites were:

*gift cards to Pottery Barn, Urban Outfitters, American Eagle, Ruehl and Cheesecake Factory
*a set of votive candles scented like all different teas from Brian's parents
*a Hello Kitty sailor t-shirt, Hello Kitty knee socks and a pink perfume atomizer from Sephora from my Chris Kringle, Courtney
*a bunch of super cute ornaments, my favorite is Pearl from Finding Nemo

Brian got a bunch of really good stuff, too, like an oldschool Brooklyn Dodgers hoodie, a Rangers fitted, Rock Band 2, this thing called Popcorn Hour (I'm not entirely sure what it is, some sort of geeky gadget that lets you watch movies you've downloaded directly from it. Sort of like an external hard drive just for movies. I think.) and some Amex giftcards.

As far as our gifts for each other, Brian and I did pretty well. I got him Alife Timberland boots and a t-shirt, a Supreme duffel bag, a Flight Club hoodie, a pair of Jordan 3's, an Undftd hat, a HUF hat and some other random stuff. He got me a new bag (SO nice), a longer chain for a necklace he bought me awhile back, some makeup, a tokidoki toy, Beautiful Katamari for XBox 360, a Hello Kitty x tokidoki plush and a signed kozyndan bunnyfish! He says there are 2 more things coming so XMas tomorrow, too.

I forgot to mention this but Brian's aunt lives in Dyker Heights. If you're familiar with New York it's on that block in Brooklyn where everyone does crazy Christmas light displays.
Brian's Aunt's house.

Another house up the street.

This house has a GIANT Santa that "talks" (the guy sits inside with a microphone and talks like santa), huge toy soldiers and big moving reindeer on either side of Santa.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Holiday! Love the lighted houses - I bet they were even prettier to see in RL! (swap-bot)

    ReplyDelete