Saturday, December 13, 2008

Introductions

Hi, so this is my first post. I've always had journals online (my first being a Diaryland, then 2 Livejournals) and now this is my first official "blog". How fancy. Usually I create a new journal when I've just finished going through a transitional period in my life. It's not done with intent, it just inevitably happens. I guess it's the whole closing one door and opening another thing...trying to compartmentalize different eras. This recent change in my life has been a crazy one.

I just took over the family business so my parents could live aboard their boat and travel around eastern United States and the Caribbean. I love that I'm able to do this but it's overwhelming at times. I have to take care of my own things, my parents' things, my grandparents' things and business things. All while working 6 days a week. I fortunately love what I do, which only makes it slightly easier. I've been doing my best while I'm at it and trying extremely hard to distract myself when I'm not. So far it's been a decent balance.

There have been a ton of other things going on and many more transitions I've had to deal with lately but I'll save those for another date. This was intended to be more of an introduction post, anyway. So, about me:

I'm Lindsey, 25, female. I live in New York with my boyfriend who I've been with for over 7 years. I work constantly. I try my hardest to be a positive person but living in NY and dealing with people every day makes it sort of difficult. I'm extremely loyal, almost to a fault, unless you break my trust. I take trust and respect very seriously. I love eating! Pizza is my favorite food, Italian is my favorite cuisine (Japanese and Thai take a close second, though). I am very close with my parents and my small extended family. I love cheesy girly movies (Thirteen Going on Thirty, Uptown Girls...), stupid funny movies (Grandma's Boy, Superbad...) and mobster/crime movies (Goodfellas, Scarface, The Godfather(s)...). I try not to watch TOO much TV but I'm a sucker for crime dramas (I watch every CSI, Law and Order, Without a Trace, etc.) and cheesy teenage girl shows like Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. I love any type of fun dancey music, thought-provoking music, anything with a good beat. I don't have a favorite color but I like green and brown a lot. I love the summer, hate the winter (but I love wearing boots!) and am ok with the spring and fall.

Those are the basics but I will obviously reveal more over time.

1 comment:

  1. what a neat thing of taking over the business for your parents to be able to travel! I hope all goes well and that things are successful for you all. (swap-bot)

    ReplyDelete