Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas shopping

So, it's December 20th. I'm not even close to being done with my Christmas shopping! Last night we went to the mall trying to start/finish our shopping. Unfortunately it didn't work out as planned at all. Since the weather was so terrible the majority of the stores closed early. We were only able to a few before everything started closing. This is what I've been able to accomplish so far:

For my Dad:

All 4 James Bond box sets on DVD. I figure they're in the middle of nowhere, he's going to want to watch movies at some point. He used to always DVR any James Bond movie whenever it was on TV, plus he just questioned if I were his daughter because I've never seen a James Bond movie.

Coasters for the boat with charts of New York Harbor printed on them, made out of Italian marble. That way whenever he's off traveling he'll always have a reminder of home.

For Brian's Dad:

He seriously runs through cologne! We got him this set of popular men's fragrance samples so he can try a bunch of different scents out, and it comes with a gift certificate for a full-size of whichever one he likes the best.

For Brian's Mom:

A wreath with butterflies on it. I also bought her a few ornaments that look like butterflies on the wreath (she obviously loves butterflies).

For Brian's Aunt Paula & Uncle Chuck:

A set of stemless red wine glasses from Lenox. They love Merlot and Lenox so we thought this set was perfect.

For my cousin Sarah in CA:



This shirt and sweatpants (in grey). I wanted to get her a bag from a fun designer like Marc by Marc Jacobs or See by Chloe but she's only 14 so I don't know if she'd like/know/appreciate it yet. I have plenty of years left to spoil her.

For Brian's cousin Alessandra:


Brian's family is so big that all the cousins do Chris Kringle so we only have to buy for one person. For the millionth year (or 2nd or 3rd) I picked Alessandra. I love shopping for her because really it's like shopping for myself. I got her a 3-pack of Juicy knee socks and a MAC makeup bag.

For Sean:

Sean's one of my best friends. He's obsessed with the NY Jets. He doesn't drink alcohol but loves diet soda, so I got him a glass with his name and the Jets logo on it.

I also bought a few things for Brian but he will probably read this and ruin Christmas (again...he already did twice so far), so I'm not going to post about that until Christmas is over.

That's it. I have so many people left to shop for:

My Mom
My Grandpa
Brian's Nanny
Brian's Aunt Elena & Uncle Jerry
My cousin Julie
My cousin Luke
A few more things for Brian
Something else for Brian's Mom
Something else for Brian's Dad
Possibly something for Robby & Carla
Something else for Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment