Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hershey!

This past weekend Brian (my boyfriend) and I drove down to Hershey, Pennsylvania to meet up with his family. His aunt's birthday was the 13th and she wanted to take a weekend trip with everyone. The store is open on Saturday until 3pm so we had his cousin meet us here (he plays basketball for Xavier high school in the city and had a game in the morning), loaded up the iPod with good movies and headed down. It didn't take too long to get there, maybe 2-3 hours. Some highlights of the weekend included seeing real reindeer, going on a car ride through the woods to see giant Christmas light displays and finding a perfect Christmas ornament (a sparkly slice of pizza).

On the way home we stopped at Woodbury Common, outdoor outlets in upstate NY. Our main goal was for me to find a new bag that Brian could give to me for Christmas. I unfortunately did not find a bag (I saw a few I liked but I want to shop around first), but I found a bunch of other great deals. My favorite purchase is a pair of Fendi sunglasses for myself. They're white and very summery but I'm going to be visiting my parents in the Bahamas next week for the holidays and I can wear them then and "put them on ice," as Brian says about his sneakers, until the summer. I also bought a sweater and a hat (the hat's part of my xmas gift) from Barney's, a jacket and a shirt from Juicy and a shirt from Theory. All for relatively cheap. I love outlets. Before you hear "Juicy" and go judging me, I am usually not a fan of their clothes. I was actually very surprised to find what I bought. They're very plain and not emblazoned with giant crowns and rhinestones and words like "princess".

I feel a little guilty having bought things for myself when I have a ton of Christmas shopping to do still! The only person I've finished shopping for is my dad. I've bought a few things here and there for other people but I'm nowhere even close to being finished. I want to go either tonight or tomorrow and try to get everyone done but that probably won't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment