Saturday, August 22, 2009

Birthday!

This Sunday is my birthday! My 26th birthday. I am feeling older than old. Everyone I know who is older than me hates me for saying that, but it's true! My next monumental birthday will be THIRTY. THIRTY! I can't even deal with that. So, let's talk about happier things, like my birthday wishlist!

Hot & Cold prints for my bathroom! Etsy cuteness!

These adorable sheets from Anthropologie!

Christian Louboutin boots. I almost died when I saw the price tag but I loooove them.

Robinson Cano jersey! My birthday present from my parents is tickets for the four of us to go see the Yankees play the Red Sox in September! The only jersey I have is Alex Rodriguez which I promptly stained with pizza grease at the Italian Food Center.

This trench coat from Anthropologie! I saw it there last weekend but B talked me out of trying it on because I have a khaki one almost identical. After further thought (and after finding this blog) I have decided that I have to have it. Khaki and plaid are entirely different.

This shirt from Anthropologie. My mom would call this very "hippy dippy" but I love it.

This collage of mirrors from Anthropologie. It reminds me so much of the first house I ever lived in. It was on the water but inside had a very Soho loft sort of feel. We had tables that were giant wooden spools for fabric/wire (like this), lots of hanging plants, lots of vases and clay pots, the kitchen table was round, made of chunky, solid wood, everything was very rustic but cool. Pretty much, my parents had an awesome design sense without even trying.

Anyway, can you tell I'm obsessed with Anthropologie? I have a love/hate relationship with them, though. I love their stuff but hate their prices.

Update: I hadn't gotten a chance to publish this until today. Yesterday I went to Anthropologie and bought myself some early birthday presents. The coat, the shirt and the sheets (and this tank top in dark grey)! I know, I went a little crazy but I only turn 26 once! (I can justify anything). I wanted to order the mirror but not only is it nearly $700, I think my current apartment is too modern for it. Brian said it wouldn't work and I think he's right. I almost want to buy it and save it for when we get a house because yes, I love it THAT MUCH, but that's a little crazy seeing as we just signed the lease for another year. Right?

So birthday plans. My actual birthday is tomorrow. I'm so happy it's on a Sunday so I can keep up with the tradition of never working on my birthday. Seriously, in the 12 years I've been working, I've NEVER worked on my birthday. Tomorrow we're supposed to go on the boat with my parents and then go out to dinner at Morton's (if you've never been, GO! It's pricey as hell but the food is insane.), but with all this rain I don't know if it will be a boat day. Tonight our friend Asher is having a party (Asher Smasher!) so we will probably go there. I love my birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment