Friday, July 24, 2009

Yankees!

One of our friends/customers has season tickets for the Yankees and he dropped some off for us last week. They were for Tuesday night vs. the Orioles. We close the store at 6pm and the games usually start at 7pm so I was stressed we'd get there late, but we made awesome time. We left work at around 6:18 and were in the Bronx at 6:35. It was gross and rainy/misty all day, but as soon as we got there it slowed down and finally stopped. The first thing I did was get a hot dog! Baseball games aren't the same without hot dogs. The same could be said for beer, but I'm not a big beer fan. Speaking of beer, I love beer vendors at sports events. This one guy that kept coming by us had the best catch phrase, "Yo. Bee-uhhh." Simple and to the point. Last year we heard this one guy, "Who's drinkin and drivin tonight??? Getcha beeee-uhhh!" Another one makes you answer baseball trivia questions while he pours your beer.

Anyway. So the seats! They were three rows from the field in right field. This is Yankee Stadium so plenty of balls are going out to the right field. We were right by a few fly balls and some almost-home-runs. (I watched the encore when we got home and Bri was on TV!) The new stadium is SO nice. Everyone says they like Citi Field better but Yankee Stadium is definitely pretty awesome. There are so many good food places! I, in case I haven't mentioned, am a bottomless pit. I can eat anything and everything. I had the hot dog when we walked in, a pulled pork sandwich from Brother Jimmy's a little later on and a large garlic fries. Delicious!

To top it all off, the Yankees won! Great night!

B in his Yankees gear. It just stopped raining so that's not drool on his jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment