Saturday, March 5, 2011

I want to be the girl with the most cake.

A couple of weeks ago we had our cake tasting for our wedding cake. To be honest, I was looking forward to this more than any other pre-wedding happening. I had contacted Betsy from Nine Cakes because 1. she works mainly with buttercream frosting, and 2., because her cakes look like this:


So we had been emailing about cake flavors and icing flavors, we were going to be tasting some hazelnut frosting, some green tea frosting, mocha frosting, peanut butter frosting, almond cake, chocolate cake...god I can't even type all of this without getting insanely hungry. Basically, I imagined that she would be putting heaven on plates and serving it to us. Which, luckily, is exactly what she did. It was insane. She even threw in a surprise flavor, caramel buttercream with sea salt, which sounds weird but was the most perfect combination of salty&sweet I've ever had. That with the almond cake was my favorite, by far. Brian of course loved the chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream, which we all knew would be his favorite before we even tried it. I almost wish it weren't such an easy decision so we would've had to eat more and more cake before we could figure it out.

So, the cake part is done. Each "vendor" (look at me, I'm so official now, I know all the wedding terminology) we get squared away reduces my stress levels by, like, a lot. We're meeting with, who will hopefully be, our photographer next weekend. I have more florists to call since the one I had been waiting to hear back from is "not available" (which I think is her polite way of saying she doesn't want to work with us, I do know exactly what flowers I want so I think I might have smothered her artistic creativity a little). So after that I guess it leaves the DJ/band and ummm I think that's it? Oh and an officiant (another fancy wedding term...look at me). I just remembered today that we need to get our marriage license, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment