Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day (aka official end of Summer!)

Today is Labor Day! Official holiday for those who bust their asses all year long. To celebrate, Bri and I closed the store and refused to think about or talk about work. That lasted about an hour, but whatever. When you run your own business it's so hard to compartmentalize! I would love to only talk about home things at home, work things at work, fun things when you're having fun, etc. but this is reality and that can't always happen. Like last night at 11:30pm - we're in the car with Sean driving to haunted/scary places and my dad calls to tell me to make a list of my expenses and figure out my monthly nut for the accountant. I love when he does things like that!

Anyway, after much brainstorming bf and I decided to go to the park and have a picnic! There are a few parks in the area but the closest (and my favorite) has 2 picnic areas. The best one is at the top of this big hill and you can look out and see the Hudson River and Westchester. There's grass to sit on and it's really pretty. We tried to go there first but it was SO crowded. Every parked car had a different reggaeton song blasting so we decided to try the other area for a more peaceful day. We were the only ones there, but it wasn't too sunny and there wasn't any grass. Who needs grass anyway? We plopped down our blanket and broke out the sandwiches and had a great time. Well, a great half hour? It took about that long for us to realize there are bugs and dirt and animals in the wilderness. Like this:



It's official, we are city people and definitely not nature people. It was a nice change of pace, though.

Hope all you work-a-holics took a break today and basked in the nothingness!

No comments:

Post a Comment